DIY Cannabis Salve
This recipe starts with infused coconut oil, which will solidify at room temperature and has a noticeable coconut fragrance. Beeswax (found locally or online) and olive oil help make the salve non-greasy and more easily absorbed. If you want a thicker salve, use more beeswax to olive oil. For a thinner option, use more olive oil to beeswax.
Ingredients and Tools
1 ½ cups infused coconut oil
⅓ cup beeswax
⅓ cup olive oil
Your favourite essential oil(s) (we suggest peppermint, lavender or tea tree)
Container for storing
1. Add the beeswax to a saucepan or double boiler and whisk until melted
2. Slowly add the infused coconut oil and olive oil, whisking as you go
3. Once the mixture is completely incorporated, add a few drops of your essential oil(s) and whisk gently until thoroughly blended
4. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool before using
5. Always remember to clearly label your cannabis-infused products and make sure to keep them out of reach of children and pets
Relax and enjoy!